Tips for Finding the Best Radar Detector
Many drivers have probably not respected the speed limit, at least one time in their lives. If you are one of them or if you usually exceeded the speed limit, then you definitely need a radar detector. Here are some buying tips that will certainly help you to find the best radar detector. Before you actually buy a radar detector you should consider the following aspects:
Aspects you should consider before buying a radar detector
1. The price is very important as you may not want to spend too much money on it. On the market, you will find a variety of radar detectors, some cheap and others expensive. Depending on your budget, you can choose the one that’s good for you. Don’t expect it to be very good in case it is too cheap.
2. There are two types of radar detectors. The standard one which is dash-mounted and visible and the second type which is the high-tech hidden one. Choose the right one for you.
3. You definitely must check the laws regarding the use of radar detectors in your country. In some countries is absolutely illegal to use radar detectors. You don’t want to be in trouble.
4. You can choose to have a smart integration with your smartphone.
5. Are you planning to drive long distances? How much money you want to spend on buying a radar detector? Do you consider yourself a speeder or it just happens from time to time to exceed the speed limit? It is very important that you think of all these aspects before you actually get and use a radar detector.
6. Some radar detectors have the option to add a second radar antenna, which will certainly increase the detector’s sensitivity. Doing so, will cost you lots of money, and that’s why you should consider buying from the beginning a radar detector with two antennas. This is one of the most important tips for finding the best radar detector for you.
7. Before buying a radar detector, you should look for an easy to use one. An easy to operate detector will allow you to use it while you drive, without a problem.
8. The screen of the radar plays an important role as well. Maybe a led screen radar looks amazing in photos, but in reality is absolutely disastrous, because if it is sunny you won’t see anything on it. A screen with a high resolution is definitely the best option.